Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open a document with PE Edition

I get an error message when loading a .qvw file in the Personal Edition.

error.PNG.png

Is there any workaround to load the file with the data ? I cannot reload the document when the document is loaded, the reload option is greyed as the document this to be write-protected. However, i can access the full document with data in its IE plug-in and full browser versions, but i need to write macros in the document, which is not possible in the web-based versions.

would this be resolved with a licensed version, or will there still be this error, and also no possibility to reload the data in this protected document ?

Thanks

9 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You still won't have access to the Reload button in a licensed QV Desktop version because this is a section access security restriction (as we discussed in your other post). However, a licensed QV Desktop won't strip data when you open a QVW so you wouldn't need to reload in the first place. I believe you have a QlikView Server somewhere in your environment--you can lease a license from the server to license your QV Desktop, assuming you have Named User CALs and license leasing hasn't been disabled. Instructions for leasing a license can be found here: 100 Second Video - How to lease a license key

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

"assuming you have Named User CALs and license leasing hasn't been disabled" --> this means that this won't work with the personal edition ? or should it work ?

Thanks a lot for reply

selvakumarsr
Creator
Creator

If you are leasing the license then it should work but In document properties--> Security  if allow user reload and reload option is disabled then you cannot.

One option is there to get the data.. Try Binary Load... Load the same qvw file in another qvw as binary load.

Selva

Not applicable
Author

I can connect to server as described in the video. However, i cannot use the macro editor (edit module) in the document, assumingly because it is a server-based document. Is there a way I can use edit module with this solution ?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

"assuming you have Named User CALs and license leasing hasn't been disabled" --> this was referring to server-side settings.

After you open a document through Open in Server one time, your Personal Edition becomes licensed. Close QV Desktop and then just double click on your local QVWs to open regularly (not in server). All controls that have not been disabled through security will be available.

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thanks

I do not get any error message anymore. But I still cannot see the data...

Not applicable
Author

trying one more time, i got this message:

error.PNG.png

would you have a clue: why it is now another error message ? how to work around ?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

That means your lease didn't work and you're still on PE. Check with your administrator whether your environment supports leasing.

Not applicable
Author

Shouldn't there be the same message as before, and the document loaded even if data are not available ? why is there another error message?