Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open network folder in different domain

Hi,

i'm working on a server A with my QV. I created an'application that take the data from a database on a server B (in a different domain).

To access to the database i need to enter a username and password.

Now, I enter username and password through Windows Active Directory and then i charge the data with QV.

How can i do automatically with a macro?

Thank you,

Fra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the two domains have a trust relationship (ask your SysAdmin about this), it will be sufficient to share the directory containing Access files and assign proper share & NTFS rights to your account (or the account with which you are reloading documents). Access ODBC is not a real DBMS connection, it just reads files in a directory.

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What kind of database is it ?

Not applicable
Author

An access DB. I connect to it with a ODBC Connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am more an Oracle database than an MS Access person.

Notwithstanding that I am pretty certain you can embed the authentication to an Access database in the ODBC link.  An MS Access forum may be better placed to help you.

Although there are probably those on this forum experienced with MS Access.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the two domains have a trust relationship (ask your SysAdmin about this), it will be sufficient to share the directory containing Access files and assign proper share & NTFS rights to your account (or the account with which you are reloading documents). Access ODBC is not a real DBMS connection, it just reads files in a directory.

Peter