Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Opening in Server is Read only

Hello

I am trying to use my QlikView document from the server, by opening in server from my local install of QlikView.

The problem I am having is that it seems to open in Read-Only, so that the users can not even type anything into the input fields.

Am I doing something wrong?

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You're not doing something wrong. Open in Server will always be read-only. This is by design. Although input fields should just work. If you want to change the document you need to open the file directly with File>Open instead of File>Open in Server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can provide values in i/p fields and it reflect too.

You can create objects too but this will be specific to the user you logged in.

Unless Moving and creating new objects is disabled either at server level or application level.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I get that I can't change the document that's OK, but I need other users to be able to put their own values into the inputboxes, but these are also read-only which just seems silly

Not applicable
Author

I get that I can't change the document that's OK, but I need other users to be able to put their own values into the inputboxes, but these are also read-only which just seems silly

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Did you check my reply.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I did, I don't want the users to be able to Move or Create new objects, they just need to be able to put values into the input fields

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Is there any chance I can have a look at.

If possible can you share a sample app?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I don't think i can share as it has confidential info on it.

But the part I am trying to use is pretty simple.

The users types into inputfield a filename and then clicks a button that calls a macro that does various things

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I/p fields works fine for me.

I think macro will not work here.

Instead use Pluggin.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ