Creator

Optimize this If-statement for performance

In our application we have different seasons:

171SFirst season in 2017
172SSecond season in 2017
181SFirst season in 2018
182SSecond season in 2018

etc....

In order to have the application change the actual season for us, we have implemented the following IF-statement in our expressions where needed:

If(WildMatch(SeasonCalc, vCurrentSeasonCalc)

This expressions is also accompanied by this line in our script:

LET vCurrentSeasonCalc = Right(Year(Today()-7), 2) & IF(VECKANRTMP < '27','1','2') & '*';

together they create a Season selecting in the expressions where we implement it.

Here's how an expression can look like with the If-statement included:

Sum ( If(WildMatch(SeasonCalc, vCurrentSeasonCalc),Fsgantal*_DateLastWeekAndBefore))

I've tried to move away from the If statement and create a more performance-friendly expression. Preferably a Set-expression. Is it even possible? I can't seem to figure out a way..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

=Sum ( {<SeasonCalc = {"$(vCurrentSeasonCalc)"} >} Fsgantal*_DateLastWeekAndBefore)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

=Sum ( {<SeasonCalc = {"$(vCurrentSeasonCalc)"} >} Fsgantal*_DateLastWeekAndBefore)

robinwiman
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried this in a table and it seems like it's working. The data output is the same as if I did filter it or use the IF-statement with the wildmatch.

Changing from the If-statement to the set-expression as you've explained, does mean I have to change over a 100 tables. Is there any other way I can double check that it will work in every aspect, since I'd like to find out sooner rather than later