cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jitu2110
Creator
Creator

Out of Memory - while RAM is just utilized 1% enough RAM is Free

i have create a Table Box with around 12-15 Columns, i am getting out of memory when record is exceeding even 15000 records, even i have sufficient RAM left un-utilized.

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That sounds very strange. What is the size of the .qvw file? Are there any other charts or other objects that contain expressions that require a lot of ram to be calculated and rendered? Open the Objects tab of the properties window of the sheet and look at the Memory column to see how much ram each object required to be rendered.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jitu2110
Creator
Creator
Author

the QVW file is just 61 MB and have 16 GB of RAM, is this due to we have used Straight table

jitu2110
Creator
Creator
Author

The Straight table is taking 68000 calc time, and it is just a straight table nothing else, so there is no complex set analysis etc

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What does your data model look like? Any unlinked tables, with fields that aren't properly named?

User Ctrl-T to check your data model...

spinchuk
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Out of Memory in the object does not mean that you completely ran out of physical computer memory. Rather the projected memory usage is too high. Basically it means that we need to examine calculation / formula / aggregation in the object, or data model all together. I would assume that your table box contains fields from different tables and the combination of columns triggers the issue.

Narrow down the issue to fewer columns and then examine the relationship for those in data model.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Straight table is taking 68000 calc time

That sounds way to high. Check the expressions in the straight table and make sure you're not using fields from different tables in the datamodel if those tables are not linked to each other.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand