Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of Object Memory Issue

Hi Guys,

Do you ever have to deal with the Out of Object Memory Issue in Qlikview ?

I create a qvw file with 4 years of data - total records around 400 millions.

The offended sheet - was made of pivot chart with 4 cyclics with regular sum as the calculation, whenever i try to pull the 3 years of data - it always give me the "Out of Object Memory" Error and none got displays

40 G memory and 64 bit Windows Server 2008 and Quad Core Xeon 2.33 Mhz.

Qlikview 8.5.

Any help will be appreciated.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sometimes it is not a memory issue, but en expression issue ( error in the expression for example).

Did you try by selecting some values in your application to limit the chart size ?

If the problem still present it could be an error in your expression...

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

If I change the value inside the Cyclic - then it did return the value.

But the user want specific values to display that;'s why I encountered that problem.

Even the vendor try to tell me to cut down on some of the available dimension in Cyclic to make it usable - but the user is the one bought the software - so I could not say what they could not do or could do

Regards,

Senjaya

Not applicable
Author

That means that the problem is related to one particular dimension...

Maybe the blocking dimension is not correctly linked to the remaining of the tables ?

Is it possible to check that ?

It is hard to give you more details in thie issue.

Not applicable
Author

All the cylics have the same dimensions - if I just do 1 year as my selection option - all of them return but if I start with 3 years of data then it will give out that error.

Not applicable
Author

You can try to change the max memory allocated on chart in Server Qlikview control panel, then check if that solve the problem.

If you have plenty of memory used by a particular chart, default limit can be too low in the Server control panel.

Not applicable
Author

Under Server Management Console :

I had changed the Calculated Formulas Max Memory to the 4096 Kb and we have only 40G in the computer

and also sort by expression max memory to 4096 kb

Object Calculation Time Limit to 300

Max Symbols in Chart to 100

Working Set limit % Low limit 70 and High limit 90 and cache 10%

Still this does not help - when I see the task manager - it reached the 37G before it down again and then send those error message to the screen.

I have exhaust all and even call the Qlikview Support in Sweden - they have not gotten back to me yet.

Not applicable
Author

I had the same problem in the past days:

Sometimes the message: "Out of object memory", sometimes "Allocated memory exceeded".

Today we solved the problem: Till now worked with a 32bit developer on a 64bit server system. We installed the 64bit developer today and everything is fine.

Not applicable
Author

In QV 8.5 i saw that in some cases the threshold limt percent of memory setting is not working properly.

Also this setting is only working for 64 bits system but I guess this is what you use as you have a lot of RAM...

Not applicable
Author

We already used the 64 bit application as well.

This is the answer the support in Sweden gave me :

"You can try to get rid of the problem by reducing the number of dimensions. You can also look at the expressions and see if you can change them."

The problem is the client was paying us to get all those dimension in place - if I told them Qlikview can not handle them - why they even bother to purchase qlikview ?

The expression was simple only regular : if Age=18 ,sum(cost18) , cost(25)

Nothing fancy