Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of Object Memory

Hi All,

Whenever i reload any applications it is displaying out of object memory. Is there any specific reason for this error. Even some times when i do any update for any of the charts it is displaying like allocation memory exceeded. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks In Advance. Suresh.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Usually happens because of large data volumes or not enough resources on the machine. 

Try making some selections and see if it can render the chart.  Also make sure you have no loops or other issues in the data structure.

Unfortunately if you are talking about hundreds of millions of rows of data Qlikview is not great at dealing with that without using some kind of additonal aggregation (IE drop granularity or summarise data in script by grouping it), or altrnatively throw more hardware at the problem.

I have seen Qlikview applications running hundreds of millions of rows with all detail but you require some pretty heavy server hardware to deal with this.  The site where I saw it had 4 clustered servers with 256GB RAM each and at least 16 core Xeon CPUs...

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

check data model

and try to aptimize the model

using joins

Mapping load

composite key

merge table

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan