Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

Out of Physical and/or logical memory

HI all

I am using qlikview v9,I am incurring an error while handling 2.3millions of data..The error is showing as Out of Physical and/or logical memory.How can i resolve it. The table having four fields.

Comments awaited..

Thanks and Regards,

Sunil

30 Replies
sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI karl

can u tell me how to attatch a image file to the post.. reply soon

Thanks

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sunil,

You have to save the screenshot as a png or jpeg and then you click Reply above (not Quick Reply) and in the "Options" section above click on the Add/Update button under the File Attachment section.

Regards.

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Karl,

Actualy I hav sucessfully loaded the script but what the problem is when i am going to workupon the that Like creating dashboards,tables etc and even saving the file it showing me the error like OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY...I hav attatched the screenshot of that ..how to resolve it..and hw can i prepare a busines DSS for that if i can't save the file...

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Karl

In your screenshot u hav posted it is takin just 12 secs to load more than 2 millions of data.

Can u tell me hw much intial size and maximum size u hav allocated for virtual memory.

Regards,

Sunil

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sunil,

QlikView loaded 2 million rows in 12 seconds because I reloaded it from a QVD instead of the database. It doesn't have anything to do with my virtual memory. I still don't recommend using virtual memory for QlikView and no matter what the max virtual and physical memory you're going to be able to use is 2 GB.

Now if you are running into memory problems when generating graphs, you can enable a calculation condition in the "General" tab of the graphic that forces the user to select something before the graph is generated so the calculation won't be done over so many rows or you can do some sums and group bys in the script so that you won't have so many rows.

28 million rows is a lot for a 32 bit system and you're not very likely to be able to generate a table box with all the values.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sunil,

QlikView loaded 2 million rows in 12 seconds because I reloaded it from a QVD instead of the database. It doesn't have anything to do with my virtual memory. I still don't recommend using virtual memory for QlikView and no matter what the max virtual and physical memory you're going to be able to use is 2 GB.

Now if you are running into memory problems when generating graphs, you can enable a calculation condition in the "General" tab of the graphic that forces the user to select something before the graph is generated so the calculation won't be done over so many rows or you can do some sums and group bys in the script so that you won't have so many rows.

28 million rows is a lot for a 32 bit system and you're not very likely to be able to generate a table box with all the values.

Good Luck

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes I got it Mr Karl..WE can't generate DSS for an amount of 28 million data with a 32 bit processor.

But how to resolve it...

Suggestion Awaited..

Thanks

Sunil

Not applicable

Nick,

What would you suggest that you change the calculated Formula max memory to that would not cause other conflict?

SPace

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Susan

Even though we change max memory it does no effect to my problem...

And i am gonna conclude that this heavy amount of data require 64 bit processor to generate

that much amount of address to map on to the memory.

Not applicable

Susan Pace wrote:
Nick,
What would you suggest that you change the calculated Formula max memory to that would not cause other conflict?<div></div>

No, not at all. Contrariwise, it gives you more memory manageability. You can manage memory for each individual chart. It's automatic by default.