Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of Virtual and/or Logical Memory Error in Load Script

I am getting and "Out of Virtual and/or Logical Memory Allocating 33.1686 MB" Error in Load Script. The memory footprint for qv.exe is 1.77GB of memory when error occurs. The load script command being executed when error occured was " table1: Load col1,col2,col3 From resident Table2; " where the table2 has 33K rows. The system has 14GB of physicall RAM and less than 2GB RAM was being used by OS and other apps.

My basic question is if QV load script has memory limit when running loading a document? I have seen in the forum some mention of 2GB limit but am unsure why my error capped at 1.7 GB. Any insight as to how memory is being utilized in load scripting would be appreciated. Any ideas of how to debug memory utlization would be helpful as well.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is it your QlikView x86 or 64 bits?

If you have installed QlikView 32 bits (x86), it works until 2GB of memory. Try with the x64 one.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. It is 32 bit. I will try 64 bit although I embed the invocation of the load script via the QV OCX which is embedded in a VB6 32 bit app so am unsure if that will be an option. Is there any explanation on why the memory footprint maxes out at 1.77GB instead of the full 2GB?