Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Panel barchart?

Hello.

Is there any change of doing a chart like this:

Bar Panel Chart with Legend: How BI Customers Use Their Platforms

I really do not like stacked bar chart myself and I am looking more better way to present the data in my customer's dashboard.

If this is not possible, is there any other options that you could propose to me instead of stacked bar chart? Really important to be able to compare the dimensions together. There is time axis and a page dimension and a metric of course.

I know that this can be done with many separate charts, but it would be really nice to only have one .. This could be done in other software, so why not in QV?

Cheers,

Niko

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Already got it working.. I was using wrong time dimension to solve this.

Found the solution when I chop this to two different dimension as text and really saw what were happening with the numbers. The totals were wrong, but when I did put the right time dimension there it did work! (I think..)

problem.png

The working expression were:

=sum(Metric_ABC)/sum(total <WeekYear> Metric_ABC)

Where the WeekYear is just a right WeekYear

Cheerio,

Niko

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use sveral bar-charts and overlap them with some adjustments to the layout and positions from the axis.

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can do that with a straight table and expressions that are represented as Linear Gauge instead of Text. You can find an example of that kind of chart here: Re: Linear Gauge Color in Straight table

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Colin-Albert

Good call  Gysbertgwassenaar‌. Fill to Value linear gauges should do the job.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could also use a pivot table to get a display like that. This should save you from typing similar expressions compared to a straight table.

Have a look at the survey sample at

Pivot Table Grids | Qlikview Cookbook

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I am trying to use pivot table, but the calculations are not going right I assume what I am trying to do.

problem.png

Would love to see how the proposition of Dimension A (for example page) divides on every Year/Week.

So 2015/36 would be 100% and how that would be divided between pages.

I have tried:

=sum(Metric_ABC)/sum(total Metric_ABC)

=sum(Metric_ABC)/sum(total <Dimension A> Metric_ABC)

=sum(Metric_ABC)/sum(total <WeekYear, Dimension A> Metric_ABC)

But nothing seems to be working.. On the picture is

=sum(Metric_ABC)/sum(total <Dimension A> Metric_ABC)

Cheers,

Niko

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Already got it working.. I was using wrong time dimension to solve this.

Found the solution when I chop this to two different dimension as text and really saw what were happening with the numbers. The totals were wrong, but when I did put the right time dimension there it did work! (I think..)

problem.png

The working expression were:

Where the WeekYear is just a right WeekYear

Cheerio,

Niko

Not applicable
Author

Few questions:

- Is there a way to show number next to the green bar? Other than creating other expression next to it.

- And can the bars be colored with each dimension?

Cheers,

Niko

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, another expression is the way to do that. That's also the best way to do it even if it were possible.

Each column of bars can have its own color. You can adjust the color of the segments as you want. All bars will have the same color for all the dimension values. That too is generally the best way to display them. But you don't have a choice in this case, so you'll just have to live with it anyway.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer! I will take a look on to this matter.

And thank you for others as well, it is really nice to see that the community helps !

Cheers,

Niko