Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial loaded data (local run != server run)

Hi all,

I have hit a problem I can't solve nor can i understand where it's coming from.

I have a report that when i run it locally on my computer, it has all data inside, but when it is run on the server by the scheduler, only partial data is being presented when opening the report.

I must say that the size of the qvw file is the same and the number of lines fetched by every select is also the same. I conclude the data availability is not a problem here, since the number of lines fetched is the same, and the file size si also the same. So maybe it's something to do to access or security, or data reduction. BUT, i am declared as an ADMIN in the Securitytable, so is the publisher user; and then why is the difference when i run it locally and when it's run by the scheduler?

How can i test/identify the problem?

Thanks,

Razvan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

A much more experienced colleague of mine found out the problem. I have security set up on two fields, and due to the way QlikView applies logic to the Securitytable, users (including myself) were limitted to only seeing rows that were having both values present and access to. The rest were left out. I will have to redo the security bit.

Thanks for your effort!

Razvan

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

It sounds like data reduction being applied when you open the document in the access point. Presumably you are using a different username or login on your local machine.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

yes, i think so too. I made a binary load to a new report and all the data is there. I am not using a different username, it is the same. Or if it would be in fact different, how can i check!? And it's manifesting also for other users too, they also get the reduced version when opening the report...

Thanks for the reply!

Razvan

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If you dont want the data reduction to apply, turn it off in the document properties in your local copy and upload that to the server.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank again for the reply.

I want to have the data reduced. And my user is marked as ADMIN in the security section, with * on all data reduction columns. So what could be the issue?

Thanks,

Razvan

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The * wild card gives access to all the other values for the reduction field listed in the section access file, which is not necessarily everything. The * does NOT mean everything. I suspect that could be your problem (its a common problem).

You may need to explicitly add access to all the unlisted values to your username. ADMIN makes not difference here.

Check out the data reduction section in the manual and serach here on the sire for more information.

Regards

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

There is only one field that the data is reduced on, and i have complete visibility to that field. i don't think this is the cause. And again, it's not only my user that has this issue, other users have it too.

Can i open a qv file with an "Run As" option? I also have a fixed user/password account that i would like to try out...

Regards,

Razvan

Not applicable
Author

A much more experienced colleague of mine found out the problem. I have security set up on two fields, and due to the way QlikView applies logic to the Securitytable, users (including myself) were limitted to only seeing rows that were having both values present and access to. The rest were left out. I will have to redo the security bit.

Thanks for your effort!

Razvan