Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Partial_reload_issue

Hi,

I have a piece of code for the identification of QlikView_admins:

- In each of my apps, there are some objects relevant for development, but not for the users (like some rulers and textboxes with comments)

=> These are all governed by a variable v_Dev (a binary variable, it is 1 or -1)

=> This variable is switched by a button

=> That button, in turn, is visible only to the admins - currently two people.

=> To avoid great effort at a later time, I have, instead of hard-coding our names in that button, listed them in an Excel_file

=> Since OSUSER() will normally not work (all the reloads are done by the server, by a server_user, not by us), I have developed
      a piece of code for partial_reload that we can then run and QlikViiew will identify us as admins and the button will appear.

I have a problem in that code. I will post it here.

// Erst mal werden aus einer Excel-Übersicht, die zu dem Zweck angelegt wurde,
// die Namen aller QlikView-Admins geladen, denen die entwicklungsrelevanten
// Objekte zur Verfügung stehen sollen.
// Diese Tabellen werden bei einem Partial_Reload geladen (mit Ctrl+Shift+R),
// bei dem sonst nichts geladen oder verändert wird.

Replace
Developers_pre:
LOAD
OSU,
IF(OSUSER()=OSU, 1, 0) as Admin_logged_on
;
LOAD
Recno() as Line_ID_Admin,
Domain,
Name,
(
Upper(Domain) & '\' & Lower(Name)) as OSU
FROM
[\\rgb1app202\production\99_Resources\Wichtig_nicht_löschen\QlikView_Admins.xl*]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is Names);

NoConcatenate
Admin_identification:
Replace
LOAD
sum(Admin_logged_on) as Admin_yn
RESIDENT Developers_pre
;
DROP TABLE Developers_pre;

That's it. The tables are loaded also when the reload is done as usual on the server, but then that resulting field > Admin_yn < is 0, so that button is not visible.

Due to that keyword "Replace", I would expect that when I open the app and trigger a partial_reload (Ctrl+Shift+R), both the tables will be replaced
by new ones and the field will be 1.

Instead I suddenly get 2 records in that resulting table !?

Please give me some advice here. It's the 1st time that I work with the partial_reload.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Why don't you try try section access?

You can apply that to a ROLE table. We generally use that technique for sheet authorization.

BR

Serhan

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks!

I might consider that when I see this doesn't work.

At the moment, though, it does seem to work. Seems QlikView couldn't deal with a preceding_load for that partial_reload.

I have just incorporated that additional code into the primary LOAD, making it a bit more complicated, and I have added a FIRST 1 statement to my last LOAD to make sure only one record is loaded.

Let's see.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

O_O - there comes trouble again ...

I have tested in in a small template_app and I thought it was all right - but there I had an EXIT SCRIPT right after that piece of code.

Now I am testing that code in one of our live_apps. There is no EXIT here, but in a partial_reload, QlikView should only reload the tables with the keywords >Add< or >Replace< in front of the LOAD, no?

<=> Well, it seems QlikView is instead trying to reload it all and of course there are errors.

P.S.: The place in the script where an error occurs is a FOR...NEXT loop. It's in our master_calendar, so I am positively sure that it works. I don't know why the partial_reload encompasses this?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Now I have tried something else:

Since it seems that QlikView, in spite of the partial_reload, tries to execute the rest of the script, I wanted to introduce an IF_THEN clause with an EXIT command. I tried to use the flag_field >> Admin_yn << I had just created to avoid starting all over again by using OSUSER() - but that did not work at all. QlikView ignored it and just went straight up to the regular EXIT tab.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

I give it up - for now.

The partial_reload just does not seem to work reliably and as expected: I was expecting QlikView to reload ONLY the tables I had marked for a partial_reload, nothing else.

<=> Instead, QlikView seems to load these tables, then skip some others and then try to execute some loop or JOIN - it seems the partial_reload is not strictly limited to the LOAD_statements flagged with the keywords >Add< and >Replace< as is stated in the manual.

Best regards,

DataNibbler