cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pass Drill Through Values as filters from Summary to Detailed QlikView File

Hi,

I have a simple requirement in which I have to pass the dimension value from Summary report and apply that as filter on the detailed report.

I have the following simple table with Drill Through links on the measure values.

DimensionMeasure1

Measure2

ABC100450
DEF150600

When I click on value 100 in Measure1 column then it needs to open a Detailed report by passing dimension value ABC to the Detailed report. Similarly if I click 600 in Measure 2 column then a separate detailed report need to be opened for dimension DEF.

Note: I have the same Dimension column in all three (Summary, Detailed 1 & Detailed 2) files. I'm using Qlikview 12.10 PE version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Krishna

3 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Krishna,

Is your table a straight table? If it is then when you click on a measure you actually made a selection in the dimension. So if in your example you click the 100 value in Measure1 what you are actually doing is selecting ABC in your dimension.

Put your detailed chart on another sheet to the right of the current one.

Go to Settings>Document Proprieties and click the Trigger tab.

In Field Event Triggers click on your dimension and click the button Add Action(s) below the label On Select.

In the Actions dialog click the Add button.

Choose Action Type: Layout

Action: Activate Next Sheet

Click OK.

Click OK.

Click OK.

Now click on your table. QV will take you to the next sheet with the detailed chart with the desired dimension value selected.

After a while you'll probably get annoyed by switching to the sheet every time a selection is made and you'll remove that function and simply manually select the tab.

Good luck

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew - Thanks for your response. Yes, I have a straight table but the steps you mentioned will not work for my problem because I want the Detailed reports as separate files but not as sheets on the Summary file. Basically I wanted a drill through functionality from Summary to Detail reports but by passing the dimension values as parameters to the Detailed reports.

Thanks,

Krishna

muralikarthik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Krishna,

I am stuck with the same problem. Did you find the solution for this? if Yes, Please share the solution.

Thanks,

Murali