Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Not applicable

Passing variable field name into GetFieldSelections

I'm trying to create a custom Current Selections box for a particular set of date fields using a straight table and an expression that uses GetFieldSelections to return the values currently selected for each field.

In my load script I'm creating an inline table of fields that I want to show in this table, i.e.:

DateFilters:
LOAD * INLINE [
DateField, DateDescription
date1, Creation Date
date2, Closed Date
date3, Target Due Date
date4, Last Saved Date

];

So far I've managed to achieve the example straight table shown below using the following:

Dimensions:

DateField (hidden)

Expressions:

Date Field:

=only({1}DateDescription)

Current Filter:

=Replace(Replace(if(only({1}DateField)='date1',GetFieldSelections(date1),
if(only({1}DateField)='date2',GetFieldSelections(date2),
if(only({1}DateField)='date3',GetFieldSelections(date3),
if(only({1}DateField)='date4',GetFieldSelections(date4))))),'>=',''),'<=',' - ')

I want to avoid the nested IFs as I look to expand this elsewhere, and want to use the value in the DateField field inside the GetFieldSelections instead.

I have tried to achieve this using the following formula but get the error "Nested aggregation not allowed":

=GetFieldSelections(only({1}DateField))

Does anyone have any suggestions how I could use the field name stored in DateField inside the GetFieldSelections function?

(note - I'm using the only({1}) function since I want users to be able to click on each of the Date field rows and use this to apply date filters to each - so this ensures that all Date Fields are always shown in the table)

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Re: Passing variable field name into GetFieldSelections

May be try with Pick(Match(...))

Pick(Match(Only({1}DateField), 'date1', 'date2', 'date3', 'date4'), GetFieldSelections(date1), GetFieldSelections(date2), GetFieldSelections(date3), GetFieldSelections(date4))

Not applicable

Thanks Sunny - but I'm hoping to avoid the hardcoding of date1, date2 etc altogether.

Since I have these values in the straight table (in the DateField field), I thought it should be possible to pass this value into the function, so all I need to maintain is my INLINE list of fields and descriptions on the load script - i.e. like =GetFieldSelections(only({1}DateField))

Highlighted

Unfortunately, I don't think this would be possible