Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiyasa125
Contributor II
Contributor II

Passing variable through function in set analysis

Hi All,

I need a help here. I have a qlikview apps where I am doing lookup fact values from a excel file table with reference of another source table.

The excel file data is in uppercase and the source table data is not in a proper format. I cannot change the source table data format to uppercase due to some reason. So I am trying to read the excel file data in uppercase only. I have a variable name vPRDManualData.

Now I am trying to pass this variable through upper function in the set analysis. This is not working. .

here you have the set.

=num(only({<[STATUS DATE]= {'$(=Max([STATUS DATE]))'}, NAME={'$(=upper($(vPRDManualData))'}>}

[Product Requirement Average]),'# ##0,0%')

The value for this variable is coming from a if formula. I have checked it is working fine in text box. But not sure the reason for not working inside the set. Please help me for this. Many Thanks. .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The syntax checker may suggest there is an error, but as you can see in attached example it is working. You can also see that you don't need the upper.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Tiyasa,

Can you provide a sample data set?

Regards,

David

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You don't need the upper, it is case insensitive, to fix anyway:

You're missing a ) and some quotes for the upper function e.g. upper('string')

=Only({<NAME={'$(=upper('$(vPRDManualData)'))'}>} [Product Requirement Average])

tiyasa125
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Piet,

Thanks for your reply but it seems to be not working still.

It saying set analysis error.

Can you please let me know if there is any standard syntax for this scenario.

Many Thanks

Tiyasa.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you share sample to look, where this is not working

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
tiyasa125
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Here you go.

If you see here I need it to be read from the PRA table in uppercase.

Thanks

Tiyasa.

tiyasa125
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Here you have the sample file.

I dont need any change in script.

So I need to read the data in uppercase.

Thanks

Tiyasa.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The syntax checker may suggest there is an error, but as you can see in attached example it is working. You can also see that you don't need the upper.

tiyasa125
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

The value is dynamic and coming through a variable after some string operation.

Thanks

Tiyasa.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this?

=num(only({<[STATUS DATE]= {'$(=Max([STATUS DATE]))'}, NAME={'$(=GetFieldSelections(HFB))'}>}

[Product Requirement Fulfilment Documentation]),'# ##0,0%')

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)