Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Password Protection with or without Section Access

Hi Experts

Is it possible to password protect a QVW document without using Section Access?

Thanks,

Sunny

Message was edited by: Sunny T Updated the title so that people don't get confused about the selected solution. The important thing is that I needed to accomplish my requirement which was to have a password protected document without linking it to any specific user. I was under the impression that it wasn't possible using Section Access, but I was proved wrong. So changing the title from '...without Section Access' to '...with or without Section Access'.

27 Replies
sunny_talwar
Author

On my way to home. Will test it as soon as I get time

sunny_talwar
Author

You have solution to any and every problem ever came across in QlikView

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar
Author

Stefan it worked one time and the next time I open it doesn't ask for a password and also I am seeing something weird that once I have Section Access, the option to look at the Hidden Script is going away. Is this normal?

Capture.PNG

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

I just tried the same in macros and thought to share here (Since you asked without section access). Password: 1234

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Sunny,

change ACCESS to ADMIN, USER has restricted rights set in Settings - Document properties - Security, hence limitations like hidden script hidden.

If you once logged in into a QVW with section access, you won't be asked for credentials again as long as you are using the same application instance. Close the instance and reopen. You should be queried again.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The problem with using an OnOpen trigger and Macro code is that you can disable the trigger when opening the QVW, keeping SHIFT pressed.

sunny_talwar
Author

It just asked me for the password only once until I changed the user settings:

Capture.PNG

Unchecked 'Remember Login Credentials Until QlikView Exits' and it asked me for a password everytime.

Thanks for your help Stefan and for great ideas Sinan and Tamil.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this not the use of Section Access??

sunny_talwar
Author

Hahahaha it is . But intitially I was under the impression that there is no way I can get my requirement accomplished using Section Access, but it seems I was wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong?

Can we achieve it without Section access?