Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Past Employer Asking for QlikView Consulting

My past employer is asking me to provide consulting services for dashboards I created while there. I'm happy to provide this service however I'm struggling with how to do the work remotely. I cannot be on site and they do not allow any kind of Remote Desktop access to their network.

I've seen some reference to partner licenses however I can't find any more details. I probably won't make a living doing this level of work so paying thousands of dollars isn't worth it to me.

If I just "recover" the QVW they need help with, will I be able to edit it and then send it back to them? They are an enterprise customer with something like 500 named users. I was in on the initial project and lead the company in real QlikView work.

Additionally, they can't go to a generic consultant because of security clearance issues as well as my deep knowledge of their specific operations.

I can always just do the work in a VM and revert to a snapshot when I've used up my recoveries but I'm not interested in violating the rules.

Thoughts

Oh yeah, and why is it easier to change my social security number than to change my email address here?

Rick

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I just had a thought. Is it possible for this company to somehow send me a QlikView installation or the leased license?

Worse case, if I have to go to the customer, could I put a VM on their network but not joined to the domain obviously, and license QlikView? I can't remember if the licenses are issued only to valid Domain Users?

Just trying to think outside the box for what is probably a short-term engagement to help them out.

Rick