Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

Paste a column of data into qlikview

Hi folks,

My customer currently runs its business on an ERP system (SAP). It often occurs that the customer selects multiple article numbers in the ERP system (selection within a column of data), copies this selection and pastes it into excel.

I was wondering whether it is possible to paste such values directly into a qlikview object. After the paste, the selection should be limited to the pasted values. Is there a standard qlikview object/trick to accomplish this scenario?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Never tried, but should work with an inputbox into which to past the values (no idea, how much will fit into one variable) and then to read the pasted value one-by-one with a macro. Tricky might be to find out, how QV separates the records - tried to past some columns and QV separates them with a blank - thus you may need to find a way how to treat blanks within the pasted values.

No solution yet, but may give you a hint

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Never tried, but should work with an inputbox into which to past the values (no idea, how much will fit into one variable) and then to read the pasted value one-by-one with a macro. Tricky might be to find out, how QV separates the records - tried to past some columns and QV separates them with a blank - thus you may need to find a way how to treat blanks within the pasted values.

No solution yet, but may give you a hint

Peter

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Peter. However, I was hoping for a more standard (and convenient) way to accomplish this...

I think that the functionality that I describe should be made standard in a next version of QlikView. In my former job as SAP consultant i experienced that many ERP users make extracts of data in tables in their ERP with which they want to analyze data in other appliations (mostly excel).

Tjeerd

mongolu
Creator
Creator

You may try this.

- go in the edit load script

- push the "Inline Wizard"

- and then make the CTRL+V thing.

Perhaps this would do what you want.

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Mihai,

This topic has never been closed so thanks for the advice!Big Smile

I think your solution is possible if the end user has developer rights and a lot of patience.... I think it is not advicable to let the user reload an application with the pasted data because it simply takes to much time in my application (about 10 minutes). Also, my customer will not be glad to hear that they have to upgrade their qv prof licenses to qv dev licenses.

I personaly think more of some kind of an inputbox/listbox in the user interface in which all the copied data can be pasted. Can you come up with a solution that works well in the Qv professional user interface (for the enduser)?

Regards,

Tjeerd

Not applicable

Why don't you consider the possibility of let the end user paste his data in an Dedicated Excel Sheet, and load this Excel into QlikView ?

Regards,