Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Percentages in Custom Pivot Table

Hi,

Any help with the below query, would be greatly appreciated.

We've built a pivot table in Qlikivew that the user can customise, so they can pick various different fields and can get totals based on these.

Such as the below

pivot.JPG

However I also want the user to be able to get percentages, similar to excel pivot tables, "Show values as: % of Row/Column total",

so that when the user selects a different field (eg. week instead of day) the percent automatically updates.

pivot2.JPG

Just to confirm the custom pivot table is already built (has about 30 different dimensions 4 measures to chose from) and it is the dynamic row/column percentages that I'm struggling with.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you,

Neil

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think it might be possible, but the challenge will be to know percentage with respect to which dimensions. In your screenshot it seems that you have total based on Day and Target Achieved, but you can have total based on just Day or Type and Target Achieved. Getting the right denominator for each combination of dimension can become challenging unless you have already planned to tackle it using a business rule.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny,

the above example was quite simplified, so there would be about 20-30 dimensions to choose from eg:

day

week

month

customer

target achieved

country...

so I would be looking for a percentage based on any combination of those for the row on column.

We do not have any rules at the moment, but if it is not possible, may have to simplify this option.

Thanks,

Neil

sunny_talwar

That is sort of what I was referring to... that with so many dimensions... what exactly do you want to take as a denominator? Have you thought about the expected output based on each combination the user might select? If you have then what is the business rule behind that? I think you will need to provide a sample for us to help you in better direction here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've attached an example of the type of data that would be used.  There are more fields in the actual data, but it is mainly just extra dates & customer definitions.

So the denominator would be the row total - no matter which fields are selected -, we've limited the selectable fields, so that if this is possible the output would work/make sense for the user.

In the pivot tables tab, I've got 2 basic pivots, the one we have in the app, with totals and the one we would like with percentages - based on % of row total.

Thanks,

Neil

eptaqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Neil,

this can help you?

Marco