Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Percentile analysis by Dimension value - Set analysis

I would like to create an expression as stated in the attached document.

The percentile has to be calculated based on value column only if Model = ModelA

DimensionsExpression
Product IDModelValue Required expressionComments
2222ModelA0.050%Need to calculate percentile only for ModelA
2223ModelA0.0633%
2224ModelA0.0767%
2225ModelA0.08100%
2226ModelB0.2Other
2227ModelB0.23Other
2228ModelB0.24Other
2229ModelB0.25Other
2230ModelB0.23Other
2231ModelC0.5Other
2232ModelC0.53Other
2233ModelC0.6Other
2234ModelC0.7Other
2235ModelC0.83Other
2236ModelC0.88Other
6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm going to take a guess that you'd like the expression to display the cummulative % if Model=ModelA and "other" in any other case. Here's my shot. Tried not using the full accumulation feature as that can break down with more complicated situations. !

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jesse, I would like to know if it is a requirement to have the model column sorted the way it is.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Prakash,

Since the expression utilizes the above() function, the answer is yes. I am not sure of another way to do that expression without "full accumulation", which would also require sorting. Perhaps another user here could chime in?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jesse for the quick reply.

In my use case I would need an expression without Above function as I cannot sort my table. The prototype I created does not capture that. Thanks again

Not applicable
Author

Hi Prakash,

Sorry I wasn't able to help. Actually, it looks like Model is a field you CAN sort on. I'm seeing that regardless of whether I sort ascending or descending, it still works

Not applicable
Author

No worries Jesse. I have more expressions in the same structure in my actual data set and sorting will not be an option. I really appreciate your help in attempting to make this work.