Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Percentile related query

Hi All,

I have straight table which show members wise sum of Turnover.

i want to create a lable/ calulated variable which show me what is the 90 percentile of turnover value.

Member NameSUM of TurnoverCumm. Sum of turnover%TILE
ABC10105%
XYZ203014%
EDF104018%
NOP307032%
JDF4011050%
UTY3014064%
ORE2016073%
YOI4020091%
ERT20220100%

In the above table 200 is the 90 percentile of the turnover. so this 200 should be store in a varaible.

Kindly let me know how can we do this.

Thanks & Regards,

JKV

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

attach your sample qvw . So that you can  get correct solution.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I would need a sample from you to work out a variable, but you can do this without a variable using Dimension Limits. Select the "Show only values that accumulate to" option and enter 90%.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I want to store the percentile result into a variable because  i want to use that varaible to create a reference line into a scatter chart.

if i am using default percentile of reference line in scatter chart then it is calculating on basis of no. of  Member not on the turnover.

This is why i want to know the the turnover value on 90 %tile position when i create memberwise turnover and also i have to ensure that it will be sorted on turnover desencing order only.

If i get time i will share you the sample data because i have to create it. i can not share the live data.

Thanks all for you help.

JKV