Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator

Performance at Access Point

Hi,

I have been working on enhancing the performance of an existing application and have taken number of steps to make the application leaner. As a result, the size of the application has gone down by 50% and at the Desktop Client, the application performs much faster as compared to the old version.

However, when I access the application from the Access Point (IE Plugin), there seems to be almost no change in response time. It takes almost same time to respond as the old application. I am quite baffled now - although the new version has a much leaner model and the maintainability is much better now, but the I don't see a real benefit to the end users, as the response time remains unchanged.

Can anyone help me understand this? I had the impression that a faster response time in Desktop Client means a faster response in Access point as well. But that's not the case here.

What are the factors that decide better performance at access point?

Thanks for your help,

Bhaskar

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hey Bhaskar,

The performance depends on the hardware as well and how much resource the server can allocate to that application.

• Whats the RAM size and # of CPUs you have on the server
  • When you tested the performance on your desk did you check with the complete data-set
  • Whats the size of the application (uncompressed)
  • Is it a server exclusively for QV. How many other applications are there.
  • You can monitor the Performance on Windows Task Manager and see whats causing a poor performance (like a particular chart)
  • Is it slow all the time  or during particular times in the day

Just a few I could think of which might have an impact.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bashkar,

as we face the same Problem I would like to ask you if you organized for enhancement,
if your issue is solved?

I have a Little file only, and the Access Point Performance is different from Client to Client.

Do you have some Information for me?

Wolfgang

bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

The response is better now as compared to what it was earlier - primarily because of couple of factors I believe -

1) First, we beefed up the server

2) Second, we have redesigned the UI for enhanced performance. Eg - we have hidden the big tables under buttons so that they appear only when users want them (thus saving the calculation time each time the tab is activated). Also got rid of containers (again controlling the show/hide with buttons and variables) as it seems that all the charts/objects in a container are calculated when you have the tab activated (not the only one that's being displayed)

These are just the couple of measures (among others) which I believe have helped enhance the performance.

Also, worth mentioning is the point that the performance is better in AJAX as compared to IE Plugin.

Regards,

Bhaskar