cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kushal_Chawda

Performance improvement from 11 to 12

Hi Experts,

I have few doubts regarding migrating from 11 to 12

How performance will be improved when we migrate to 12?  Will it improve selection response time?

I just need to understand what performance improvements are done in QlikView 12

hicrwunderlich marcus_sommer stalwar1gwassenaar‌  troyansky

11 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In response to the original question - ver. 12 was largely about combining the engines and making both QlikView and Qlik Sense work on top of the same engine. With that in mind, you may not see any performance improvement at all.

The best way to know is of course to test both versions on your development server and benchmark performance of specific objects and applications.

I made my benchmarking on a very early release of 12.0, and I didn't find any performance gains. I haven't done any more testing with more recent releases, so it's possible that some new improvements have been implemented since then.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming to Boston, MA this October!

phcaptjim
Creator
Creator

We recently upgraded from 11 to 12 and have not noticed any improvements.  Also, we doubled the processors and RAM on our two beefy servers and that did not lead to better performance either.  We might be working with QLIK to figure out the server issue but I think once you get to a certain level, the performance is what it is.