Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performing SVN commands......forever.

So we're gonna start using Tortoise SVN for collaborative projects.

Everything is all set up properly in the settings ect....

when it accually comes to saving the porject into the repository it takes... well i could tell you because it still hasnt stopped.

I checked my reposiory to see if the project was saved into it, it was, but please consider this is just a blank  qvw file - no big file sizes going on we're talking 127 Kb.

Anywho i got bored and then shut down QV.

considering the files appeared to have saved , even though the loading bar hadnt gone away naturally, i then re launched QV to then try open the QV prj file.

........its still opening.

Any suggestions???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found the source of my problem to i decided to share just incase others have the same problem.

I needed to download a virtual svn server.

i used Visual SVN Server manager for this.

so in the settings i connected the svn command line .exe with the path of ............/visualSVN/bin/svn.exe

then you can use a merge tool of you own choice - i decided to stick with tortoisesvn/Merge for this - located in ...../TortoiseSVN/bin/TortoiseMerge.exe

then in the last section i just copied what was in the QV SVN documentation

i hope this helps anyone with the same problem

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anyone?

Not applicable
Author

I found the source of my problem to i decided to share just incase others have the same problem.

I needed to download a virtual svn server.

i used Visual SVN Server manager for this.

so in the settings i connected the svn command line .exe with the path of ............/visualSVN/bin/svn.exe

then you can use a merge tool of you own choice - i decided to stick with tortoisesvn/Merge for this - located in ...../TortoiseSVN/bin/TortoiseMerge.exe

then in the last section i just copied what was in the QV SVN documentation

i hope this helps anyone with the same problem