Permissions issues with files - multiple developers
We have had a number of instances where file permissions (I believe) are causing us a bit of a headache.
- Dedicated Server
- Development is done via Remote Desktop Connections
- Multiple developers working on the same files, not simultaneously, but opening-making changes-saving etc...
- All developers have the same permissions with regards to Windows Groups
- Often we can't run a QMC reload of a QVW - it just won't run with no log created etc...
- If I open the file - I can reload it from within Qlikview desktop.
- So to resolve, I save it as another file and then I can reload via QMC
- Then , another developer logs on and tries to reload that same file but can't (same problem as above)
- This person then opens and saves as another file to aleviate the problem
This to me screams of permissions problems when one person saves a file they seem to become the owner. We have similar problems where a script writes QVDs to a folder. If the person running the process is not the person who developed the QVW, then the reload cannot overwrite the QVDs and just errors out!
Does anyone have a similar setup? How do we get around these problems?