Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Personal edition

Hi,

I was using the personal edition. And i have got the test server license. After that i have installed the Server and applied the license the personal edition development environment has been changed automatically to the Server edition and i was able to access any QVW files developed from other personal edition. But suddenly from today it is showing as personal edition and not able to open any of QVW files. Still one more month validity for the test server licesne. Please suggests.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your resposne,. i have fixed it in a different way.Just open the Qlikview file. It will ask for abort or continue.click on continue and open the QVW file, Then go to settings--user preference-license-change license and give the license key and other required details. personal edition become the evaluation copy.......................

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi XXX,

one possible reason is that you haven't been connected to your QV-testserver for 30 days. If so, connect your local client to it. The easiest way is to choose "open in Server". After that you should see (again) your leased license.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the suggestion but today morning (Working in IST timezone) i have worked .Please let me know the steps to how to open it in server.So that i can check the same.Is there any other way to acheive it. Please suggest

Not applicable
Author

OK,

goto to your start page. If you don't use your start page, open it: Help --> Show Start Page. Then connect to the server with "Open in Server" and choose your server. If it is up and running and you have a valid licence left on your server you should be able to lease it. To be very sure, you can open one of the exam-docs from QT. At least then you should be owner of a normal licence.

RR

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your resposne,. i have fixed it in a different way.Just open the Qlikview file. It will ask for abort or continue.click on continue and open the QVW file, Then go to settings--user preference-license-change license and give the license key and other required details. personal edition become the evaluation copy.......................