cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot Table Current and Previous Using above

Hi friends,

Here in the pivot table at Diff % prev Month Difference lane , i want to display first row result.

Pivot Above.PNG

Please Help,I have attached app also .

Thanks in advance,

Bunny.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then you need this construct

If(RowNo(TOTAL) = 1, .... expression for first row ...., .... expression for other rows)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

10 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Text - refers to diff vs previous month

Picture - refers to expression (Supply - Consumption) / Supply

Which is the correct one?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Picture is correct i want to display the first line i.e Rowno()=1 . You can have a view in application  attached.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The expression in that column uses above(). As this is the first row, the above() does not exist and therefore returns null. I do not understand what you are trying to do in that expression, but generally month-on-month comparisons do not have a % change for the first month.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Bunny,

may be you can check the attachment .. (bit ugly-but i think it will work).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan ,

I want to display first row as for the formula ((Supply-consumption)/Supply )and remaining rows should be Difference value from previous month.

Because i have query, when i m using this expression it is working on my local Desktop  but  on my  Test environment it is displaying all the Yearmonth from starting to end .

Many thanks for your response,

Bunny

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then you need this construct

If(RowNo(TOTAL) = 1, .... expression for first row ...., .... expression for other rows)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi settu ,

Thank you its working ,

I m having a query .

In my local Machine its looking fine but when i deploy on the test instance it is showing all the YearMonth from starting to end .

when i disable this particular above condition used expression all works fine there .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Jonathan ,

Thanks for your help i acquired the desired result but when i deploying on test its displaying all yearMonth from starting to end with out data.

When using that particular expression .

But it works fine on my local .Please Help .

Thanks in advance .

Bunny.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Bunny,

Did you try to use the Label name instead of the entire expression.. like

Diff % Prev Month Difference

if(IsNull([Diff %]-Above([Diff %])),[Diff %],[Diff %]-Above([Diff %]))