Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table Total Sum

Hi friends,

I have stuck in a requirement see I have a table where I have opening balance and Closing balance with Sales field.Lets assume following table.

Month
OpeningSalesClosing
Jan15020160
Feb16050200
Mar20010220
Apr22080310
May31020400
Total150180400

as in the above table I have to calculate Total where for opening total is its starting value i.e. 150 and for Closing its last value i.e. 400 and for sales it is sum(sales) .

Does anyone has any idea how to solve this.

Regards

Bhawna    

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Like the attached ?

I used a Chart of type Straight Table

On the Expression tab for the Expression Total mode I used :

First String

Sum   

Last String

gmoraleswit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Here is another solution using the Dimensionality function

Hope this helps

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

I need to use pivot table but thanks for replying I can use this in some another issue.
Not applicable
Author

My requirement is kind of different I need to use some extra field and Cross the column to a row so for me its difficult to put your suggestion.I am sharing a snapshot of my table,hope you will get idea how to do this.snap.png

I used Partial sum option thats why Total for opening and closing is showing sum of all value but I need first value for opening and last value for closing.

gmoraleswit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can use the Dimensionality() function regardless of the number of dimensions you have

dimensionality.JPG.jpg

Dimensionality() should give you 0 for your grand totals row

Not applicable
Author

But then it will show the opening stock value in each dimension column,means in your example You are considering only A but when you one more dimension suppose B then it will show the value for B but I need separate column for Opening and Closing.