cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juan_patrick
Creator
Creator

Pivot table - Allocated memory

Hi! I have a pivot table with 3 dimensions country, state, city and client and four expressions that, each one, do a sum of money each expression is a distinct expense), but only show that number if the sum is bigger tan $1000.

The question, is, I have to sort the data by:

country -> asc

state -> asc

city -> asc

and the sum of money of the four columns, so,  i do a new expression that sum the four columns and, when i promote this expression under the city in the sort tab, the object shows me the "allocated memory exceeded" error.

I dont known why this happetr, how can order the pivot table or fix this problem?

Thanks!!

5 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

How many rows you are displaying in the table?  If you are displaying more rows then you will get this type of issues.  Do some selections and check whether this issue still exists?

Regards,

jagan.

avinashelite

As Jagan Sir mentioned check the amount of data your having and along with the I feel your sort expression might be creating the issue , remove the sort expression and check the chart once if the issue gets resolves than you need to write a better expression for the sorting ... if you have written an complex expression than it might be causing the issue

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do your dimensions and expressions span more than one table? Are any of the spanned tables large, and specifically, is the cardinality of the associations high?

If you answer yes to both: this can make the table very calculation intensive and possibly memory intensive.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
juan_patrick
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, I fix this, now I can order in the sort tab; sum each expression here and thats all! The only things that this is not performant, but, in my case, it solve it!

Thanks!!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Please close this thread by giving Correct and Helpful answers to the post which helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.