cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table between non relation table in QV

Hi,

I have sales and forecast table

Sales table has Sales date , Sales person, SBU, TYPE, SUB Type and Line GP columns.

Forecast table has Forecast date, Sales person, SBU, TYPE, SUB Type and GP columns.

I need to design QV dashboard for individual sales person as below.

Condition if current month year is Jun-09 then all month after jun will show forecast figurebased on Sales person, SBU and type and monthwise and Apr, may Jun column will show closed figure.

Q1 | Q2 | Q3 | Q4
Apr May Jun | Jul Aug Sep | Oct Nov Dec | Jan Feb Mar
Clo Clo Clo | For For
SBU TYPE

Please suggest it is possible to design this dashboard in QV.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

When I have done something similar to this I have just concatenated sales-data and forecast data into a transaction table with the corresponding dimensions named the same. Then I would have SalesAmt and ForecastAmt.

The expression in the pivot table would be something like:

sum(if(Date<='AllowedMaxDate',SalesAmt, ForecastAmt)

Hope this makes sense.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your prompt response. What you mean by transaction table?
As to give you more details actually we are computing this using excel. In excel i have three sheet.
1st sheet where we have developed dashboard using formula
2nd sheet has sales data columns
3rd sheet has forecast data columns

In 1st sheet we have used pivote table that displays distinct SBU TYPE for individual customer and fixed 12 columns for month. and we use formula if the current month is less then todays month year then look sheet 2 for sales data with matching criteria, SBU, Sales person ,type and sales date and get sum (Line GP) sale we use for Forecast. SO in QV please provide me example because when i do join by sbu, type and sales person and date data coming invalid.