Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdsuperlike
Creator
Creator

Pivot table date dimension sorting

Hi,

I see this issue in my pivot table that the dates are not getting sorted. I can see june data then august and then some july data and then again august. Instead i want to see them sorted from june to sept.

I don't know why is this happening.

I have attached the screenshot.

Ny help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Document Properties - Groups, select your group, click Edit button, and in Group Settings, select field on the left and click Sort Orders.  Sort by numeric.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to define sort order.  In this case it is a cycle group, so you have to do it with that group settings.

rdsuperlike
Creator
Creator
Author

can u give an example?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Document Properties - Groups, select your group, click Edit button, and in Group Settings, select field on the left and click Sort Orders.  Sort by numeric.

rdsuperlike
Creator
Creator
Author

I had one more question. In the cyclic groups i have daily date and week end date. and i am using that group in 2 different pivot tables.

But when i change to weekend dt in one table, I can see the change happening in another pivot table too. is there a way to avoid it?

either it is default or there is some small setting that needs to be changed that i am not able to figure out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that it is quite a reasonable behavior .  But if you have to make them independent, you need to create separate cyclic groups - same fields, same settings, different group names,