Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II

Pivot table displays twise "Total" for partial sum label

Hello,

I have prepared one pivot table which contains Four dimensions, and MTD and PYTD expressions and I have do pivoting with one dimension called "Month".

In Presentation tab I have marked "Show Partial Sums" for all dimensions,

After than when I look into Pivot Table, it displays Two times Total in Partial sum of Month as like as below.

Need only One time Total as per below.

Thanks,

In Advance.

4 Replies
niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You should only have partial sums where it's relevant, otherwise you will get one Total for each dimension (resulting in more and more Totals the more complex your pivot is)

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share this sample file to look into. Strange it should not display totals like that unless there is something happening in your dimensions.

infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello

Vishwarath Nagaraju,

Thanks for reply.

Please find attachment, which has scenario of twice "Total".

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You have a dimension named NAME which you are using in an expression. Expression usually should have some kind of calculation, not necessarily, but in your case your NAME field is a string field, so for a user you are displaying Names by month which does not make any analysis out of it. May be you want to show this way? Please find attached. So those double TOTALS were coming from your top list TEST and NAME which you are using in your expressions.