cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolojolly
Creator
Creator

Pivot total value different from sum of rows value

Hi, I'm not very experienced in QlikView and I need help to test a formula to calculate annual sales from sales data of quarter

The problem is that pivot total value is different from sum of rows value

for example in the grid

grid.png

28036 + 1280 is different from total 29193

Can someone help me?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The simplest way is to do the following:

1. Change the chart type to a straight table (Properties - General - The lower table icon)
  2. Change the Total mode to "Sum of Rows" (Properties - Expressions - Total mode)

An alternative way, is to change the formula to an Aggr() function:

Sum( Aggr( <your current expression> , C_MERCATO_STORICO,D_DIREZIONE_FLD ))

This however will affect performance negatively.

HIC

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Try AGGR()

Sum(AGGR(SUM(YourExpression),Dimesion))

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
paolojolly
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, I tried your solution but not working

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, the numbers are different - as they should be: You have a fairly complex formula in PONDERATA TRIM that contains a ratio between two aggregations, like

Sum( <calculation1> ) / Sum( <calculation2> )

This formula is calculated first for "ITALIA", then for "EXPORT", and finally for the entire scope. Such a calculation is not linear so there is no reason that the calculation for the entire scope should be the sum of the calculations for the smaller scopes.

Compare with a calculation of gross margin in percent:

Sum( GrossMarginInDollars ) / Sum( TurnoverInDollars )

There is no reason that this number for the entire company should be the sum of the different departments.

HIC

paolojolly
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, I understand
Can you suggest me a way to have as total the sum of the values of the lines? In my example I would like to have 29316?

Is there  some other formula to consider in forecact result the weight of the quarter?

thanks again

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The simplest way is to do the following:

1. Change the chart type to a straight table (Properties - General - The lower table icon)
  2. Change the Total mode to "Sum of Rows" (Properties - Expressions - Total mode)

An alternative way, is to change the formula to an Aggr() function:

Sum( Aggr( <your current expression> , C_MERCATO_STORICO,D_DIREZIONE_FLD ))

This however will affect performance negatively.

HIC

paolojolly
Creator
Creator
Author

I will follow your input

thanks