Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Playing Windows Media Viewer files within the Qlik App

Hi Qlik users!

I'm trying to put together an App to help people find certain video clips to play.  My company has lots of short videos and Qlik will be great at helping people to find the right ones.

In the straight table in the example attached, I added a column that will correctly link any record you select to a file on a server, but really I want to keep it to playing within the APP.

So, Two questions:

First:

Has anyone successfully added the custom object WMV player in an APP?  When I did, it just hung up and wouldn't display any properties.  and if it could work, could I link it to the selected video, so that a user would narrow down the hits, then click the one you wanted and it would play 'in App'?

Second:

My ideal solution would be that you would narrow down the selection using the dimensions, then when you were left with a small number that you wanted to see, you could click a button and it would play (in App) a kind a 'vox-pox' stream of all the currently selected videos, one after the other in the embedded WMV player, kind of like a play list.

I'm still pretty new to Qlik, so still finding my feet and after searching the community, I haven't really found anything close to helping with this, so any help or advice would be gratefully received!

Cheers,

Richard

2 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Not applicable
Author

Thankd for the link, I had a look and it wasnt exactly what I was after, but it was useful seeing other peoples approach - I may reapraise and change what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks again