Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III

Please help me in using applymap function.

Hi All,

I am looking to map the values to empid in existing table using mapping file using applymap function .

My existing table

Empid

Mapping file:

EmpidCountry
101us
102India
103Srilanka
104pak
105aus
106uk
107uk

Expected Output:

EmpidNew_Country
101us
102India
103Srilanka
104pak
105aus
106uk
107uk

Please advice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You have the details here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/MappingFunctio...

MappingTable:

MAPPING LOAD

Empid,

Country

FROM ...

LOAD

Empid,

ApplyMap('MappingTable', Empid) AS New_Country

FROM ...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You have the details here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/MappingFunctio...

MappingTable:

MAPPING LOAD

Empid,

Country

FROM ...

LOAD

Empid,

ApplyMap('MappingTable', Empid) AS New_Country

FROM ...

sunny_talwar

Seems like a simple ApplyMap, what is the issue that you are running into?

jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Attached you can find a solution

Colin-Albert

Mapping tables are clearly explained in this blog by hic‌  Don't join - use Applymap instead

Jus remember you need to load the mapping data using the "mapping load" command before using the applymap command.

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Miguel,

yes. I am able to get the output.

Sunny,

I found the issue. I have no matched customer numbers in my data so not able to get the expected output.

Now I have added the matched records in my mapping file and able to get the expected output.

Thanks all.

Marking the question as answered. Qlikcommunity responded slowly, submit the same request again.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In some countries, today may be a Bank Holiday. You shouldn't assume any response time limit for getting answers. In a slow day, it can take a while for your question to get picked up. This community is a volunteer effort after all.

If you're really in a hurry, better bump your original post back to the top of the recent submissions list by adding a simple post like "Anyone?".

Please close your other post Please help me in using applymap function. by marking it as "Assumed Answered" or by simply deleting it. Otherwise, people that don't know that your question has been answered will still spend time and energy on an old case.

Thanks.