cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Poor picture quality when printing in pdf or directly on a printer

Hi All,

My issue is the following.

Based on a likview app I need to print a report in pdf or as a hard copy.

The issue I have is even if the image quality (for example for the logo of my company) is really a good one (600 dpi) and the print preview does not show any issue, the final result sent to the printer is really bad, logos and pictures are "pixelized".

Any Idea

8 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Hi Alexis

Yes if you print the screen using PDF , the resolution is very bad , i don;t think there it solution .

what i try to do is using report menu for print PDF report , it will look okay , but the disadvantage is report is not real time. so i think not many people use this .

Paul

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can improve the quality by checking the "Bypass Prostcript for Printing" option in User Preferences | Printing.

This requires the users to open the model in the Desktop client (or plugin), and change the setting themselves as it is not a document property that saves with the document.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Download Jing, it's free, here is an example of a snapshot of the screen using Jing

It takes a great screen shot

2013-05-16_2147.png

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunatly I need to generated automatically pdf so it'll not be efficient to use a screenshot

Not applicable
Author

I'll try thanks then let you know for your help

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunatly It fails, the pdf printer crashed when the pdf cames to 256 Mo

Not applicable
Author

Finally while moving to 11.2 server version and using the Ajax printer instead of the local pdf through the ie plugin the quality is better

Not applicable
Author

Can anyone futher elaborate on this?

Any experience with the Ajax Printer would be greatly appreciated.

My company is running QVS (rather, new deployment).

Regards,

Myles