Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dylannelson
Contributor II
Contributor II

Populating Duplicate Using Dimensions

Hello Team,

Really NEWWWW to QlikView. I'm currently trying to populate any SKU that has a duplicate. I've looked at multiple forms, and I've tested quite a few of them, and still no luck.

Qlikview.PNG

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Marcos_rv
Creator II
Creator II

Hi how are you??
it is not a duplicate, because the "Active loc." has 3 values ​​for that SKU, you probably have a join where the relationship is not 1 to 1 between SKU and "ACTIVE LOC.", which you should check, or SKU is not your key field.

regards!!!

dylannelson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Thanks for the quick response. So I believe I understand what you're saying. Here's the script to have a better idea of how the data is being imported. This is an excel sheet btw. Qlikview2.PNG

Marcos_rv
Creator II
Creator II

if it comes straight from a table, without having to go through a join before (linking tables), it means that you will not have a unique SKU record, it is not key, now if you are interested in obtaining only one record for each SKU, you should think of a criterion, this you should analyze. Stop being duplicated when at least one value in some non-key field is different from the others, in your case "Active Loc." has 3 different values ​​for an SKU.

Regards!!!

dylannelson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I defiantly want to show duplicates regardless of the Avitve Loc. Maybe this is a stupid question, but could I load the same table twice to generate two tables to keep the SKU as its on entity? Would this then be able to filter because it would no longer be associated in the same table?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am not so good at development myself, but I think maybe using the Peek() function to look at the next row value and checking if it matches the prior may be the way to go, and if you get a match, you load the record, otherwise you proceed to the next one.  Unfortunately I cannot give you an example, maybe someone else can run with things from here potentially.  

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.