Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

Possible to customize Sort Indicator (arrow)?

I hear from numerous users that the Sort Indicator (arrow) in straight tables/table boxes is difficult to see.

Any ideas if it is possible to change the color or size of this?

Thanks -Isaiah

5 Replies
Not applicable

I am having a similar requirement to cater to. The client would like to have a more visible indication of the column that the table is sorted upon, than the gray trinagle. Is there any possibility of highlighting or changing the color of the column-header that is used in the table-sort?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Isaiah,

You cannot modify that size for the time being. You can add a new idea so any other users can vote it.

But you can use a macro to sort by some dimensions. I know it's not the best way to get it, but at least users will know easier how they are sorting. See the attached file and the macro used.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable

Hi! I was wondering if this solution could be extended to multiple columns.

The scenario is this: There are multiple columns that the table could be sorted on, and the user wants a visual indicator of any kind, that shows the column-headers of all the columns that the current table-sort is based on.

Can this be achieved?

Thanks,

Preeti

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Preeti,

If you see the macro code, I'm referring to the ".Item(0)" that is the first dimension. You can build a for next loop that iterates on all dimensions and returns a button or a textbox for each of them, so you have as many buttons as dimensions in the chart. Think of text objects instead with images instead of text to get a more appealing visualization.

Regards.

Miguel

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Miguel ~ I have posted an idea in the forum here: http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2296