Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

PostGreSQL connection

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a postgreSQL 8.4 database over vpn. I am able to connect to the db using the postgres admin console. I registred the postgresql odbc driver so that it now shows up on the connect menu in the qlikview scripting window. However when I click connect I don't get a connection string. Also if I click 'select' It does not show any tables.

Anybody try connecting to postgresql before? Any suggestions on how to get past this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It turns out it was 2 issues. first you need to register the postgrs odbc driver. Second you need to make sure that the driver installed correctly. I had issues of my driver installation being corrupted, and found out that it was a fairly common issue with the postgresql odbc drivers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It turns out it was 2 issues. first you need to register the postgrs odbc driver. Second you need to make sure that the driver installed correctly. I had issues of my driver installation being corrupted, and found out that it was a fairly common issue with the postgresql odbc drivers.

Not applicable
Author

hi..

can you guide me on how to connect to postgresql from the beginning? im not familiar on linux and dont how to setup the dsn.

thank you..i wish you are willing to help

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

First of all you should get a driver:

ODBC - PostgreSQL: File Browser

or

OLE DB - PostgreSQL Native OLEDB Provider (PGNP) (personally I did not found free OLE DB which works well)

Install the driver and try to connect to your DB server, that depends on the server parameters.

Best regards,

Maxim