Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
godfreydaniels
Contributor III
Contributor III

Precision when loading from CSV

Hello,

For the source of our data for QlikView, we want to replace Oracle with a process that produces CSV files. Both the Oracle view and the CSV file show the data in a manner like the following:

FIELD_NAME

(but with hundreds of fields.) When the same data is loaded into QlikView from Oracle, it looks like the above. When the same data is loaded from the CSV, it looks like this:

FIELD_NAME

That is what I see in the data model viewer, in table boxes, and when looking at the resulting QVD in QViewer. The QVW file size is also larger when loaded from the CSV.

I realize that we can apply functions to every field to trim the trailing zeroes, but I would like to understand what is happening here, and to find a simpler and faster solution to load the data into QlikView with the intended precision. I would appreciate any insight on this.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
godfreydaniels
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry, I was looking at a copy of the CSV that had been edited in Excel, and gotten reformatted automatically.  At the time it was loaded in QlikView, the CSV did have the trailing zeroes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
godfreydaniels
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry, I was looking at a copy of the CSV that had been edited in Excel, and gotten reformatted automatically.  At the time it was loaded in QlikView, the CSV did have the trailing zeroes.