Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Not applicable

Presenting the Macro dialogue

Hi,

I have a screen resizing macro which runs when the document is opened or the user moves between tabs. Which works well in the majority of cases where users have selected to allow macros.

In the cases where users have surpressed macros, how do I force this dialogue to be presented again?

Ideally only to the users who have choosen not to accept.

Thanks,

A

Tags (1)
8 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Presenting the Macro dialogue

Hi

i can't give you an answer just a question. Does your macro works under QVS ? Because i've heard (and tried) FitZoomToWindow cannot.

So i'm eager to know yours

best regards

chris

Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Yes it works on Qlikview Server. All of our users have the IE plug-in.

A

Not applicable

Alan

would you mind to share the macro?

chris

Not applicable

Hey Chris,

I think Alan is referring to the initial prompt when you open a document you get asked whether you want to allow macro's or not.

Alan,

I've had a similar issue on one of my models, but I don't know whether you can force the selection to be prompted on open every time as I've seen that it does this at random times and can be quite frustrating.

Good luck with your search and I would be interested to see whether it is indeed possible or not.

-Sean

Not applicable

Hi Sean,

Yes i understood his problem, but my problem is to make resizing macro working under QVS.

I tried with FitZoomToWindow which didn't work in Webserver environnement. This was confirmed by community.

So i'm eager to get a macro which can do it

best regards

Chris

Not applicable

Hi Sean,

As far as I can see, the default behaviour is to present this dialogue to all users the first time they access the app.

If they make a selection and check the box to say remember this selection (or something to that effect), the message goes away unless the macro is saved in which case the message is presented again.

So using this logic I could amend the macro slightly to force  the dialogue to be presented, however this won't resolve the issue as it will present the dialogue to all. I need to be targetted rather than have all users change their selection.

Hi Chris,

Make sure your users have the IE plug-in and then try this macro:

sub ZoomWithErrorCheck

set doc = ActiveDocument

set aSheet = doc.ActiveSheet

doc.GetApplication.WaitForIdle

aSheet.FitZoomToWindow

doc.GetApplication.WaitForIdle

aSheet.ApplyZoomToAllSheets

end sub

Best of luck!

Alan

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alan,

that's just perfect.

I am responsible for a company-wide rollout of QlikView where most users use IE (not the plugin, however, but that "full browser" version is set in the management_console, is your mgmt_console set to "plugin"?)

However, we do have the same problem - the apps, though looking correct in the client_SW, do look different on the big monitors in IE - in particular, the background_image doesn't stretch quite enough - scrolling to the right, you encounter a white space...

I'll try yours.

P.S.: Just a question so I can talk to the IT_guys - where is `relevant the setting to allow macros?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Thank you Alan

what i did was more simple

sub fit

ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FitZoomToWindow

end sub

and didn't work

best regards