cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Print Sheet Button with Selections on bottom

Hi All

I am trying to create a print option for the user to print the sheet with the selections listed on the bottom. The print option in individual charts lists the selections under the chart. I can set a button to Print Sheet which will print the whole sheet. I would like to combine those features so that when they print the sheet the selections will show.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

You would have to test it, but you could you not just have a variable vShowOnPrint, this holds a flag 1 or 0.

On the current Selection box or Text box, in the layout tab in condition vShowOnPrint = 1

Then on you print button

Add action to set variable to 1

'Other actions'

Add action to set variable to 0

You would need to test this works, or simply have a toggle button to turn on the Current selections then print?

Mark

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pavan,

Sorry, I may be over-simplifying, but would including a Current Selections box on the sheet resolve this?

Regards,

Jason.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I didnt want to have a current selections box on the sheet. Maybe if i could have a conditional option to show the current selections box when printing only, i would not mind that, but i dont know how to set the conditional to display when printing only (if this is even possible).

marcus_sommer

You could try it with getcurrentselections() within a textbox.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there a way to put a conditional for a textbox to only show when printing? i created a button which does Print Sheet. Is there a way to set a conditional to show when a user clicks that button and hide once its printed?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

Afraid I am not certain on that one, however...instead of the button printing the screen could the button print a PDF report from Report Editor…you could then include things on this that were not necessarily on screen (i.e. from hidden tabs)?  Suspect this might be getting  unnecessarily complicated though?

Regards,

Jason.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

You would have to test it, but you could you not just have a variable vShowOnPrint, this holds a flag 1 or 0.

On the current Selection box or Text box, in the layout tab in condition vShowOnPrint = 1

Then on you print button

Add action to set variable to 1

'Other actions'

Add action to set variable to 0

You would need to test this works, or simply have a toggle button to turn on the Current selections then print?

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think this works! I tested it out quickly and it seems to do what i want. Thank you everyone for your help.