cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Print Sheet not working in ajax mode

Hello,

I try to add a button in order to print a sheet in ajax mode (the goal is to print a sheet quickly and avoid a PDF report creation).

In the button, i set a "Print Sheet" action and fill the "Sheet ID" box with "Document\SH_NATIONALITY" (I tried with "SH_NATIONALITY" to, but the issue is the same).

Button ConfigUration:

Capture.PNG

Sheet Property:

Capture.PNG

The button is working while using desktop but nothing append on ajax mode.

The same button with "Print Object" action is wotking in ajax (the printed object is located on the Nationality Sheet).

Server version is 11.20 SR9 (11.20.12664.0409.10 with publisher)

This problem occurred on QV10 (cf community).

Is it still a bugg or do i made a mistake?

Thank You

Vincent

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Vincent,

There is a menu option to print a sheet in the IE Plugin version, but not in Ajax - so my assumption is that this is not supported.

I would love for someone to prove me wrong on this though!

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Vincent,

There is a menu option to print a sheet in the IE Plugin version, but not in Ajax - so my assumption is that this is not supported.

I would love for someone to prove me wrong on this though!

Steve

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hi,

I agreed with Steve Dark.

In the latest version of Qlikview "Print sheet" was removed (see attached screenshot) but "Print Object" and "Print Report" were kept and can be used in AJAX.

From your desktop, if you create a button and Add "Print Sheet" action, this will work in IE Plugin and Dekstop but not in AJax & Webview mode.

/joseph

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

A little precision:

Above I mentionned that <<In the latest version of Qlikview "Print sheet" was removed>>. Here I mean remove from the list of actions in Ajax -mode.

/regards

Not applicable
Author

Is there any way to achieve "IE Plugin" mode (vs "Webview") using Qlikview Desktop?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The default QlikView Desktop view is pretty much the same as the IE Plugin mode.  You can get even closer to being like the IE Plugin by doing an Open In Server in QlikView Desktop - but this assumes that the document has already been published to the QlikView Server.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thank you; I didn't realize that; I didn't realize you were specifically referring to "Print Sheet" (vs just "Print" or "Print as PDF")

So when I am in WebView, I can click "Print Sheet" (it is enabled; presumably because of IE Plugin mode),

But when I check the "Print Preview" ... my Extensions Sheet Objects (which are the reason I'm in WebView), are rendered as "Unknown Charttype", as if it wasn't in WebView.

Is that consistent with your experience?

Not applicable
Author

In other words, is there a way I can

1. Using Qlikview Desktop app (no QVS, no browser)
  2. Print a picture of the entire sheet, which is reasonably What-you-see-is-what-you-get
  3. Including rendering Extensions which are on that sheet (which create SVG content) as if those Extensions were viewed from Web View (i.e. no "Unknown chart type")?

I am ready to say "No, not possible under those circumstances", but I feel like I'm missing something    

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Nathaniel,

I think that the combination of having to use web view to see extensions and there not being a proper print sheet in Ajax means that the print that you want is not possible.

I would like to say that using NPrinting would be a good solution (as it is an excellent tool), but I don't believe that this can render extensions in reports either.

This leaves you with the snipping tool, or for some more features, SnagIt by Techsmith.

Steve