Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem getting Qlikview Reports PDF to use custom font.

My issue is that we have a client who wants us to use a custom True-type Font in our Qlikview Reports and so I did the following:

• On our Qlikview server, I installed PDF-XChange 3 (set as default printer) and the custom font.
  • In PDF-XChange preferences, I enabled "Embed All Used Fonts" and "Always Embed Fonts" with the custom font specified.
  • In Qlikview desktop I created a text object that uses the custom font and (in Report Editor) dragged that object into a report page.
  • From desktop, I can see the custom font in the text object, in the report page, and in the Report's pages Print Preview.
  • From desktop, I can also print the text object directly or as a report page and, in both cases, the custom font is printed.

So far so good. Everything looks as it should.

I then installed the custom font on my Mac, made sure I added it in both Font Book and the Preview app. When I access my QV document with the AJAX client on Safari and view the text object directly, I can still see the custom font.

However, when I access the document's Report (which generates a PDF file) the custom font is replaced with some "normal" font.

Just to rule out that it is a Safari issue, I also viewed the document from Chrome running on my QV server. Again, when I viewed the text object directly, it had the custom font, but when I opened the document's Report, the font was "normal" again.

I assume that when you invoke the Report feature from the client, that the PDF is generated on the server and delivered to the client.

Is there some step I missed in configuring Qlikview Server and/or PDF-XChange? Is it possible Qlikview isn't using the PDF-XChange? How can I check?

Thanks for any help.

-Steve

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Were you able to resolve this??

Regards,

Sakir