cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem in data reduction using section access

Hi All,

I have problem with regard to Data reduction using section access in Qlikview.  I shall explain the problem and output I’m expecting and would be grateful if any one could assist towards that.

Business Case:

1. I have two tables Invoice and Receipts
  2. Invoice and Receipts are linked through invoice number
  3. It is quite possible that there will be invoices without receipts
  4. It is also possible that there will be receipts without invoice number

Objective:

1. To have access to the data based on the location (city)
  2. There is a location column both in Invoice and Receipts
  3. In Qlikview I establish location link one to invoice and one to receipts using section access, for accessing invoice and receipts independently

Problem Area:

1. If access through admin or any other login, only common records I,e Invoice having receipts and receipts having invoice information is only filtered
  2. I would like to access to Invoice without receipts and receipt without invoice which belong to the  user and respective city

Kindly assist. A copy to simulate is attached. Thanks

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Everything seems that is working fine. The only thing is that Receipt and Invoice table are related, and since data is reduced, is reduced according the link between both tables. Rename INVOICE_NUMBER field and you will have to see proper results.

Is that what you want?

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the message. Yes if i remove the link it would work fine and but then my data model would be gone.

i have to keep this model as there are other analytics where i would use both to measure outstanding.

i'm using data reduction to enable the user to view his assigned to location wise data which includes all the invoices without receipts and all receipts without invoice.

Hope you understand my concern area.

Thanks,

Satish

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Satish,

Then unfortunately there's no other way to do it but, perhaps, replicate the data model twice so receipts are invoices are not linked. Take into consideration that the reduction in section access works the same way it works when you select any value from any field in yoru model, go to File menu, Reduce Data, and click "Keep Possible Values". Since the receipt and invoice tables are linked, the records and values remoduced in one affect to the reduction in the other. So it's not a problem of section access rather than data modelling (I'm not saying yours is wrong).

Probably concatenating both tables and creating a new field to identify either source might work.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

EDIT: Check attached application