Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem re-opening QlikView document

Hi All,

I have created a QlikView document and saved it to my laptop hard disk. However, when I come to re-open the document I get a '....created by another user QlikView Personal Edition user.....' warning. Please see image below.

I've tried this out on a number of newly-created documents but the moment I exit QlikView I lose the capability to re-open each document.

I have a single copy of QlikView installed on my laptop and a single log-in.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks

SNAG_Program-0013.jpg

27 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Mine opened right up with an evaluation license.

elixirsol
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Christian,

I have a QV personal edition 2017 SR1 12.20.20200.0 on a VM. I have created 8 files on the VM about 2 month ago and am unable to open them now. I get this message "Access denied. File was created by an user with QlikView license, and as long as you're using a QlikView Personal Edition, you won't be able to open this file".

I read through this post but unfortunately, I do not have any -prj directory for these QVWs. Recently, I have restarted the AWS VM. Could that be a problem ? A change in the IP of the VM. If so, how can I fix it. I have also tried creating new files on the VM and saving them using the "Save" and not "Save As" but still no luck.

Please advise.

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

Is this issue happening when you double-click on the document in Windows Explorer? We're seeing something similar, but if you say Abort and clear the error, it opens anyway. Also, we're not seeing this if you open QlikView and then do File > Open to access the document.

rory_mchugh
Contributor III
Contributor III

It's happening for us as well. It's only a problem when you open a qvw from Windows Explorer. You get the Personal Edition warning messages then you click through them and the file opens anyway. It's started in QlikView 12, never a problem in QlikView 11.

It doesn't seem to happen when you open a file that you've saved, but it seems to happen when you open a file that someone else saves (even if they're using the same SR of QlikView Desktop).

I investigated this with Qlik Support and they said that it was a problem with my laptop or local IT. Local IT said it was QlikView! Now that you have the same problem I will re-open the case. It's definitely a bug of some sort.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It doesn't seem to be a problem with laptop, server, local IT, or whatever. Ever since we upgraded just QV Desktop in a couple of customers 11.20 environments (for compatibility testing), we have this problem. All are fully licensed so this problem isn't just occurring for PE-users.

Our only workaround (after multiple wipes, reinstalls, folder moves, license resets etc.) seems to be - as documented before - to never open a QVW by double-clicking the file name in Windows Explorer, but by using the Start Page links or the File->Open... menu entry.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Seems to be solved in QV12.20SR5. At least for me it is. Check it out.

rory_mchugh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes I ended up logging it with Qlik Support and seems like they've fixed it. Good news!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author