Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
cbushey1
Contributor III

Problem sending command to the progam

Hi all,

Hoping for some good ideas here.

I have an application that is tied to our source control (SVN) server via the -prj folder. Things were working fine and now it seems our developers (multiple and different machines) have this problem. After performing a standard update on the -prj folder, the application becomes unable to open. First we get an error of:

"There was a problem sending the command to the program."

Then when you click ok, you get this message:

"The document ... failed to load" (where the dots represent the path and filename of my app)

As I am sure you can speculate, it doesnt open.

What I am hoping for here is a long term solution as I know I can just delete the -prj and the .qvw and start over but this will lose any changes I have made that werent checked in, so not ideal.

Tried:

1. Delete the -prj folder

-Application will open fine. If I then create a new -prj folder and save the application will continue to work fine but then I am no longer tied to our source control (which is a problem).

2. Delete the -prj and create a new -prj with a new link to the Source Control folder.

- Same problem still occurs even after a new checkout and trying to open the same .qvw file.

3. Delete everything (-prj and .qvw)

- Doing this will mean I lose all my work but it will allow for me to get the application to open and function after a recreation of everything, so again not ideal.

4. Post about RegEdit value (Problem sending a command error)

- Did nothing for me.

If anyone has any good thoughts here I am open to ideas.

Thanks.