Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Problem with document_level triggers


Hi,

I have the following issue:

- In a new app of mine, I compare two datasets along three or four different dimensions.

- The comparisons in the script are done on subsequent script_tabs in a nr. of RESIDENT LOADs

=> I end up with three or four fields flagging the differences along those dimensions.

=> On one sheet, I have a number of charts depicting those detail differences; These are using those different fields

<=> On another sheet, I have an all-in-one chart (a horizontal barchart, with the 0 in the middle) depicting all the differences at a glance to provide the user with a possibility of getting a quick overview and then having a closer look at the "biggest chunks".

=> This chart cannot use four different dimensions, so on the last script_tab I combine those four into one field for the differences.

The issue I want to fix now is that when the user clicks one of the bars on that all-in-one chart, the reduction of the dataset is of course reflected on the other sheet, but the selection is still on another field - some things on that other sheet query the selections using Getfieldselections() - that doesn't work of course.

=> So I tried to implement several triggers on document_level, upon selection on that combined field, to automatically select the
      corresponding values on the three other fields.

<=> QlikView seems to get confused somehow when I have three document_level triggers reacting to selections on the same field - it
      worked fine when I had only the first one, but now I added the second one and only one is being fired, the first one remains
       untouched.

Can someone help me there? Do I perhaps have to have an if_element inside my IF_clause for every possible selection and just a dummy else_element? I will try that (up to now, I do have an else_element, but - well, something must be the cause of this malfunction)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem with document_level triggers

OK. It seems that was the problem.

Now I have a PICK(MATCH()) formula for the first trigger, encompassing all possible scenarios.

The second and third trigger (those fields come into play only when the first comparison returns a specific result) have an IF_construct, encompassing all the scenarios for which they can be relevant

=> I have no implicit ELSE_elements anymore.

This, however, raised another problem - one for which I had been here before and which was solved actually.

There is a percentage displayed on the different bars in my all-in-one chart - those show the correct value with no selections yet made - as soon as the user has selected one of the bars, that shows 100%.

I guess I already have an idea, though,

Let's see. I will be back here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem with document_level triggers

OK. It seems that was the problem.

Now I have a PICK(MATCH()) formula for the first trigger, encompassing all possible scenarios.

The second and third trigger (those fields come into play only when the first comparison returns a specific result) have an IF_construct, encompassing all the scenarios for which they can be relevant

=> I have no implicit ELSE_elements anymore.

This, however, raised another problem - one for which I had been here before and which was solved actually.

There is a percentage displayed on the different bars in my all-in-one chart - those show the correct value with no selections yet made - as soon as the user has selected one of the bars, that shows 100%.

I guess I already have an idea, though,

Let's see. I will be back here.

View solution in original post

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem with document_level triggers

Okay. This is solved.