Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Problem with document_level triggers

Hi,

I have the following issue:

- In a new app of mine, I compare two datasets along three or four different dimensions.

- The comparisons in the script are done on subsequent script_tabs in a nr. of RESIDENT LOADs

=> I end up with three or four fields flagging the differences along those dimensions.

=> On one sheet, I have a number of charts depicting those detail differences; These are using those different fields

<=> On another sheet, I have an all-in-one chart (a horizontal barchart, with the 0 in the middle) depicting all the differences at a glance to provide the user with a possibility of getting a quick overview and then having a closer look at the "biggest chunks".

=> This chart cannot use four different dimensions, so on the last script_tab I combine those four into one field for the differences.

The issue I want to fix now is that when the user clicks one of the bars on that all-in-one chart, the reduction of the dataset is of course reflected on the other sheet, but the selection is still on another field - some things on that other sheet query the selections using Getfieldselections() - that doesn't work of course.

=> So I tried to implement several triggers on document_level, upon selection on that combined field, to automatically select the
      corresponding values on the three other fields.

<=> QlikView seems to get confused somehow when I have three document_level triggers reacting to selections on the same field - it
      worked fine when I had only the first one, but now I added the second one and only one is being fired, the first one remains
       untouched.

Can someone help me there? Do I perhaps have to have an if_element inside my IF_clause for every possible selection and just a dummy else_element? I will try that (up to now, I do have an else_element, but - well, something must be the cause of this malfunction)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

OK. It seems that was the problem.

Now I have a PICK(MATCH()) formula for the first trigger, encompassing all possible scenarios.

The second and third trigger (those fields come into play only when the first comparison returns a specific result) have an IF_construct, encompassing all the scenarios for which they can be relevant

=> I have no implicit ELSE_elements anymore.

This, however, raised another problem - one for which I had been here before and which was solved actually.

There is a percentage displayed on the different bars in my all-in-one chart - those show the correct value with no selections yet made - as soon as the user has selected one of the bars, that shows 100%.

I guess I already have an idea, though,

Let's see. I will be back here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

OK. It seems that was the problem.

Now I have a PICK(MATCH()) formula for the first trigger, encompassing all possible scenarios.

The second and third trigger (those fields come into play only when the first comparison returns a specific result) have an IF_construct, encompassing all the scenarios for which they can be relevant

=> I have no implicit ELSE_elements anymore.

This, however, raised another problem - one for which I had been here before and which was solved actually.

There is a percentage displayed on the different bars in my all-in-one chart - those show the correct value with no selections yet made - as soon as the user has selected one of the bars, that shows 100%.

I guess I already have an idea, though,

Let's see. I will be back here.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay. This is solved.