cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with join two tables

Hello Qliks,

I want to create a key to joining two tables. I want to use outer join(join) to receive all row from Tab1 and Tab2. I think, size of the table shouldn’t be more like sum of all row Tab1 and Tab 2 but I receive like:

join.png

Result is 3 747 494

Should be maximum 445 584

I think the problem is with keys, but I don’t know why. I thought it is problem with types, so I did something like below:

Ird:

LOAD

x & '_'& y & '_' & z as %KeySicomToVendor,

x & '_'& y & '_' & z as key1;

LOAD

text(trim(APPLYMAP('MAP_Store_Rest',store_uid))) as x ,

num(date) as y,

text(trim( APPLYMAP('MAP_Vendor',inventory_received_header_uid))) as z

JOIN(Ird)

QSL:

LOAD

x & '_'& y & '_1-' & z as %KeySicomToVendor,

x & '_'& y & '_1-' & z as key2;

LOAD

trim(text( [BK #])) as x,

NUM(DATE(left( [Delivery Date],4)&'-'&mid( [Delivery Date],5,2)&'-'&right( [Delivery Date],2),'YYYY-MM-DD')) as y,

trim(text( APPLYMAP('MAP_Store_Rest_Country',[BK #]))) as z

Could you help me?

Regards

Jacek

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you may be misunderstanding what JOIN does. Perhaps you want to use CONCATENATE instead. See this discussion for an explanation of the difference: Understanding Join, Keep and Concatenate

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Gysbert,

I don't want to concatenated tables, I want to join then like the picture below from your link:

join2.png

Regards

Jacek.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, if you say so. It doesn't make sense to me though. You have two tables with exactly the same fields so joining them doesn't add any information. You expect the result table to have the sum of the number of records of the individual tables. All that sounds like concatenating to me. If you join two tables then the common fields will be used to match the records. In your case that means all the fields. If you have duplicate records then each matching record from the other table will be joined with each duplicate:

Table 1:

Field 1Field 2
1A
1A
1A
1A

Table 1:

Field 1Field 2
1A
1A
2B

Result: