Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geogou1973
Creator
Creator

Problem with reload in a section access qvw with windows authentication

Hello,

I have a problem that i can not solve.

I have the following script in a tab of security that depends to windows authentication.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, DOMAINNAME\USERNAME1

USER, DOMAINNAME\USERNAME2

];

Section Application;

STAR IS *;

LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME, CSECAR

DOMAINNAME\USERNAME1, *

DOMANINAME\USERNAME2, 10

];        

I have also checked in the Document Properties in the tab Opening the options

Initial Data Reduction Based on Section access

Script Exclution

Prohibit Binary Load

It works correctly when i reload manually the qvw and the username1 can see all the data from the field CSECAR

and the username2 only the data of CSECAR 10

When i try to reload the qvw from the management console the reload does not run

In the Management Console and in Tab Reload i have checked the option

Section access and i have given the user name and the password of the username1 that is also the local administrator of the server

What i am doing wrong ?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure in which situations the qmc-options to enter a section access user + password are useful. But if you put the user of the service-accounts into the section access script part it should work (does it for me since years).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rrsrini2907
Creator
Creator

Hi,

In Section access we always provide Admin as default as like below

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERNAME, PASSWORD, NTNAME

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN

ADMIN, DOMAINNAME\USERNAME1

USER, DOMAINNAME\USERNAME2

];

So that we used to provide this ADMIN and ADMIN in QlikView management console under reload and section access.

Because what we believe is the username and password in Reload tab accept username and password and not NTNAME and NTPassword.

Regards,

Srini.

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure in which situations the qmc-options to enter a section access user + password are useful. But if you put the user of the service-accounts into the section access script part it should work (does it for me since years).

- Marcus

geogou1973
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Marcus.

You mean that i have to put in the script the domain and the username of the user that runs the services of qlikview in the server and in the Reload the username and the password also ?

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

In Section Access you should use the UPPER() function to list the username accounts that should be granted access to the document. So in your load script you should have something like:

LOAD UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME,

geogou1973
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Carlos.

What is the point to use the command UPPER, the problem is that the qvw can not reload by the task of the management console. 

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry I didn't pay attention and didn't realized that your data source was using an INLINE statement:

1.png

geogou1973
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Marcus for your help.

I put the domainname\user of the user that runs the services in the script and also in the task and the tab reload of the management console in the section access i put the domainname\user and the password of the user that runs the services of qikview.